Copyright © 2012 National Informatics Centre , Siwan
Last Update : May 10, 2013
Site optimized for & Best Viewed in IE 8 + @ 1024 X 768 resolution.
Civil Courts, Siwan
Dispensation of Justice during the British India can be traced back to 1875 when the Sub-divisions of Siwan and Gopalganj were created in the District of Saran. The Court of Munsif was established which dministered Civil Justice and the dispensation of Criminal Justice was handed over to the Sub-divisional Officer and Magistrates. Siwan continued to be a Sub-division of Saran and it was only on 10.05.1976 that by Notification the Government of Bihar established the new Judgeship of Siwan by carving out areas from the existing Judgeship of Saran at Chapra and Gopalganj Sub-division was attached with the Siwan Judgeship. However on 14.01.1984 Gopalganj was bifurcated from Siwan and made a separate Judgeship.